Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My New Year Data Quality resolutions for 2010

Because we all know that if we write it down and publish it for all to see we will have a much better chance of success! So here they are:

  1. ‘Communivate’ quality issues to a much broader audience – no more suppressed results – ever!
  2. Establish employee Data Quality performance targets – for ALL employees. (This could be a multiyear task however since it’s a big challenge it will be lots of fun to do)!
  3. No more Mr. (Ms.) nice guy – those of you who know better yet keep causing Data Quality issues beware! I have stats on you! Fear me!! ...or maybe I’ll just nicely advise them that I can help them get ready for the soon to be established performance targets – see item #2.
  4. Establish measures and track success of how well our IT project processes are following the supposedly integrated information management protocols – I know it’s not my job to do but sheesh, nobody else is doing it dammit!
  5. Communivate results to the broad audience (see item #1)
  6. Obtain agreement from ‘informal’ data stewards (those that I have established relationships with after stalking for months on end...) to partner with us DQ folks and develop some agreed upon roles and responsibilities. (These will become part of the employee performance targets.)
  7. Take ‘quasi’ business sponsors to task for not doing what they said they would do (also part of the employee performance targets).
  8. And last but not least, I also hereby promise to swear less often, or perhaps more quietly, when hitting the roadblocks that stand in the way.

I can’t wait to reward myself...


‘We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day’. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce~

1 comment:

  1. Remarkable Resolutions, Jill!

    I particularly love Number 3 – fear the awesome power of Sheezaredhead!

    And great quote from Edith Lovejoy Pierce.

    Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2010…

    Jim

    ReplyDelete